The following minimum requirements are necessary in order to take the SIM. Although we have included various links to assist you with assessing your systems, please review and confirm with your program’s IT liaison that all requirements are appropriately installed and working prior to scheduling the SIM. Once your systems are enabled, please access the short simulation test below to confirm system readiness. Please note that at this time, we are only able to deliver the SIM using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
The SIM uses Visage as the image viewer. Visage is a thin-client viewer. This means that there is a download and installation process. Please follow the below instructions to install and download Visage. To subsequently access the SIM via Visage, residents should log into the SIM (3s.acr.org/widi) and select the SIM identified as “Visage”.
For programs already using Visage at their institution
- Check the Visage version number that your institution is using
- The SIM has been setup for versions 7.1.6, 7.1.7 and 7.1.8
- If your institution is using a different version number, there are two options available:
Update Visage using the steps below for new installation
Contact the ACR for support at email@example.com (have your institution’s version number available)
For programs not using Visage at their institution
- Download and install Visage for Windows via the following link (accept all default installation parameters).
- Server Name: cpv-visage.acr.org
- User Name: student
- Password: Welcome2RCM$
- Select “Auto Launch” and check the following two boxes
- “Start Auto Launch Server when I log into the system”
- “Run Auto Launch Server”
- Select “Ok”
- Select “Login”
- Open either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and proceed with the SIM
Minimum Hardware (PC) Requirements
• 1GHz Intel processor, or faster
• Two (2) 19” monitors w/ 1280 X 1024 (4:3) or 1440 X 900 (16:10) resolution
*Please note that two (2) monitors are required – one to display the data entry screen and one to display the image viewer. The SIM will not function properly if only one monitor is used.
Minimum Internet Connection Requirements
• At least 20 megabits
Please note that the SIM does not run on Internet Explorer.
Disable Pop-Up Blockers
Turn off browser pop-up blockers in Mozilla Firefox or turn off browser pop-up blockers in Google Chrome. If a Google toolbar has been installed, you will also need to turn off Google Toolbar pop-up blockers.