Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Initiative
WIDI Learn was developed after a comprehensive statistical analysis of SIM results revealed significant deficiencies common across all participating programs. We are addressing these deficiencies by implementing modern and innovative learning tools with which residents will:
- Learn to observe/assimilate findings
- Learn to confidently call a study normal
- Learn to make a clear diagnosis
WIDI Learn encompasses two primary goals:
- To eliminate observational errors due to undisciplined image review
- To eliminate interpretive errors due to a lack of training in reasoning and critical thinking based on available facts
Two separate and distinct learning paths are available:
- Assess Report Guides. Our report guides teach image interpretation and how to write a report for general clinical scenarios using our organized approach.
- Utilize Practice Cases. Our self-evaluation sets enable you to quiz yourself on what you’ve learned.
- Examine Case Studies. Multiple case studies for each particular clinical scenario and modality are available.
- Review Case Images. See how an expert subspecialist radiologist evaluates a case example and describes the findings and impressions in a report and video discussion.