In advance of the SIM, please setup your workstation(s) as outlined below. We recommend setting up and testing workstations at least a week in advance to allow time for troubleshooting, if necessary.
Step 1: Confirm Minimum Requirements
- Operating System: We are only able to deliver the SIM using the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Hardware (PC) Requirements:
CPU: 1GHz Intel processor, or faster
Memory (RAM): 8GB
Monitors: Two 19” monitors w/ 1280 X 1024 (4:3) or 1440 X 900 (16:10) resolution. Please note that two monitors are required – one to display the data entry screen and one to display the image viewer. The SIM will not function properly if only one monitor is used.
- Minimum Internet Connection Requirements: At least 20 megabits; Ensure your speed is appropriate via the Speedtest.
- Browser Requirements: Download the latest production release of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Please note that the SIM does not run on Internet Explorer.
- Allow Cookies: Ensure your Microsoft Windows operating system is set up to allow cookies.
Step 2: Download and Install the Image Viewer (Visage, Thin Client)
- For programs not using Visage at their institution: Download and install Visage for Windows. Choose Windows 64-bit, unless you have older 32-bit computer.
- For programs already using Visage at their institution: Check the Visage version number that your institution is using. However, we recommend to install/reinstall the latest version of the Visage Thin-Client. If your institution is using a different version number, please contact us for alternative options.
- Do not fill in a User name or Password.
- Select “Auto Launch” hyperlink to proceed to the next step
- “Start Auto Launch Server when I log into the system”
- “For All Users”
- “Run Auto Launch Server (server is currently running)”
- Select “Ok” to proceed to the next step
Step 5: Open Google Chrome or Firefox browser on your SIM workstation (Internet Explorer is NOT supported)
- Disable Pop-Up Blockers. Pop-up blockers must be disabled so that pop-ups will be allowed. Turn off browser pop-up blockers in Mozilla Firefox or turn off browser pop-up blockers in Google Chrome. If a Google toolbar has been installed, you will also need to turn off Google Toolbar pop-up blockers.
- Log into the SIM Website: 3s.acr.org/widi
Step 6: Access the SIM
- Select Emergency Trauma > General > System Check
- Click on any of the cases to automatically launch the image viewer
- Confirm that the image viewer launches and that cases are scrolling properly with no lag or latency
Step 7: Reset the System For Each Resident
- After each resident completes the SIM, clear the cache on the workstation and then completely reboot the system so that it’s ready for the next resident to take the SIM